Monday, June 10, 2013

Tour Stop | Bemused and Bedeviled: Terpsichore In Love by John Tucker


Book Title: Bemused and Bedeviled: Terpsichore in Love
Author: John Tucker
Release Date: May 15, 2013
Genre: Supernatural Romance/Comedy
Presented by: As You Wish Tours


Interview with John Tucker

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I've lived in Georgia for 48 of my fifty years. One in Florida (hated it) One in North Carolina (hated it more). I've had three wives, two children, and a few cats and dogs.  I have an extensive DVD collection of what I call the gretaest movies of all time -- approximately 500.  I have submitted myself and my life to the Guiness World Records organization for the boringest man alive, but have yet to recieve an answer.  :-) 

What do you do when you are not writing?
Sleep, work, eat...bathroom activites...Facebook, TV. (See boring reference above)

Do you have a day job as well?
Yup...Tues - Sat...Pizza Management.

When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
I started writing for real in 2008 and finished my first novel in 2009. Since it ended at 600,000 words, I am currently making it a five volume series of books - the first is Romancing the Fox. Joining the IWW (Internet Writers Workshp) in 2010 taught me how to write competently and since then, I have self pubbed Divisive, The Little Girl You Kiss Goodnight, and Romancing the Fox.  My first novel under a publisher, Terpischore in Love : Bemused and Bedeviled Vol. 1 - has just been released.

How did you choose the genre you write in?
I don't have a specific genre. Divisive is a dark adult comtemporary, The Little Girl You Kiss Goodnight is a YA Mystery, Romancing the Fox is an adult romantic-dramedy, and Terpischore in Love is a supernatural romantic dramedy. I am  currently working on an Erotic novella and have just submitted a Horror short story to an Anthology project sporsored by Vamptasy.

Where do you get your ideas?
Since every basic plot a novel can have has been done already, it's up to a writer to make fresh characters and situations to go into a book.  Divisive came to me as a murder mystery to start with. Instead, it wove itself into a psycholgical journey into the mind of a sociopath. That book was so dark, with utterly reprehensible characters, that a fellow author made a bet with me that I couldn't write a story with 'good, morally responsible characters.' That book turned out to be The Little Girl You Kiss Goodnight. Romancing the Fox stemmed from a daydream/fantasy I had while in the middle of a deteriorating marriage. Terpsichore in Love was originally a series of episodic screenplays with a hybrid of Bewitched, Melrose Place, and How I Met Your Mother. :-)  Weird, I know.  I'm also working with a fellow author (Twila Vernon) on a straight Romantic tale that's coming along nicely.

Do you ever experience writer’s block?
I do, but instead of moaning, bitching, and complaining about it, I start working on something fresh. At times I've had three different projects going and eventually, I got around to completring them all.  Keep the juices flowing, even if you have to switch from Grape to Pineapple.  :-D

Do you work with an outline, or just write?
First, I come up with a plot - start, ending, middle scenes. Then I outline a book into a twenty chapter synopsis that usually veers off somewhere around chapter six - ten when I actually start to write. I also compile a character list with their description, habits, attitudes, and add to it over the course of the book so I don't get mixed up. It sounds complicated, but it works for me. 

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
I read Stephen King voraciously as a pre-teen and teenager. As an adult, I absolutely love John Jakes and his American Bicentennial Series. For my own work, I combine Jakes' emphasis on characters, and King's casual style of writing - especially with pop and cultural references.

Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?
For self-pubbing, the formatting process turned my salt and pepper hair into a full gray. For professional publishing, I tried submitting manuscripts to several organizations before GMTA (Great Minds Think Aloud) took a chance on me.


BLURB

The nine traditional Greek Muses, who are now living on Earth, find their everyday lives disrupted by the appearance of a mysterious mortal who is developing powers beyond human capabilities. After Dan Gordon falls in love with Terpischore, he finds himself in the midst of a power struggle between the forces of Heaven and the denizens of Hades – with the winner claiming his heart and soul.
Bemused and Bedeviled takes you into the drama-filled lives of the nine sisters, headed up by the impetuous Terpischore, oversexed Melpomene, irascible Calliope, and the impossibly cheerful Euterpe. On the dark side, Lucifer and his three Sirens – the level-headed Calypso, wrathful Celestia, and the effervescent Chanteuse – deal with their own darker issues. The representatives of good and evil vie for Dan’s loyalty and allegiance, despite family issues that threaten to rip the very fabric of the universe apart.

AUTHOR BIO
John. D. Tucker is a longtime Georgia native who began writing at the age of forty-three. He has self-published three novels: Divisive – a psychological crime thriller, The Little Girl You Kiss Goodnight – a young adult mystery, and Romancing the Fox – a contemporary romance/drama. He seems to be becoming a jack of all genres with his first novel under the GMTA banner – Terpischore in Love (Bemused and Bedeviled Book One) a romantic comedy filled with mythological characters interacting with contemporary mortals.

AUTHOR LINKS

BOOK LINKS


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...