Thursday, September 26, 2013

(Review) Love, Mom by Cynthia Baseman

Title: Love, Mom
Author: Cynthia Baseman
Genre: Memoir/Grief
Pages: 189
Format: Paperback

Description: Loss is universal. Each of our responses to it is unique. After Cynthia Baseman delivered a stillborn daughter in 1995, she embarked on a journey of healing and a search to find happiness and meaning in life again. Writing letters to her daughter, journaling and drawing strength from the natural world became the basis of her recovery and a tool to manage the strain on her marriage. In her book she shares what happened to her and offers hope to those that find themselves grieving for a loved one.


My Review
****

I was lent this book by a friend after I had give birth to my daughter who was stillborn. While readying Cynthia's story, I came to see that there may be hope withing the future after all. Her story touched me. I would recommend this book to all angel parents out there if their lost and looking for hope. Everyone grieves differently but while reading this story, I realized that I am not the only one who has gone through the loss of a child. Thank you Cynthia for sharing your story and giving me hope for my rainbow baby.  



If you would like to purchase this book to read on your own. Please visit Amazon here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...