Monday, December 2, 2013

(Review) Broken Earth by Lee Ryder

Title: Broken Earth
Author: Lee Ryder
Pages: 243

Format: Kindle

Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1492902713
Publisher: Ryder Publishing (October 31, 2013)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.


Description:

The world has changed for Jess, her parents brother and sister are gone taken by an unknown wasting disease brought on by the spread of industry. She and other survivors forge their way in this new world avoiding the violence and gangs in the streets.


5 Stars
*****


Broken Earth is an entirely new world than what we know. Present day life is over and a new life style has begun. Disease takes over and there is only one thing left for Jess to do... survive. She does everything in her power to stay alive while gangs run rapid throughout the area and the disease has killed everyone older then 25 years old. The violence is creeping around each corner.

Jess isn't alone though. She has her best friend Ian and his younger sister, Lucie. As they are traveling to the promised land, they run into Molly. Each of them use their survival skills to stay alive during their trials. 

Jess is faced with a brutal rape and what lies within her future has me wanting more. This book is one that I couldn't put down. Once I started reading it, I had to finish it. I loved the suspense and the characters. I would say that Jess would be my favorite so far. I think if you're looking for a fast paced, yet interesting read, this would be your pick. 

I can't wait until the next one and I highly recommend this as a read.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...