Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Author #Interview: Brian Bigelow

Welcome back to our weekly Author Interviews. Please let me remind everyone that our interviews run each Wednesday of the week. This week we have an amazing person and author with us.... let's welcome.... Brian Bigelow.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to tell the readers more about you.

1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.
I’m an author living in Colorado with my wife an over protective Chihuahua and a cat.

2. What types of books do you write?
Presently, horror though I have written a number of non-fiction books.

3. Who's your main audience?
My main audience would be those who like paranormal and horror stories.

4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your
weaknesses?
As for strong points I’m always trying to learn how to do it better. I always strive to do the best I can do. Weak points, very addicted to social networking which can interfere with your writing.

5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it?

I think it happens to ever author, you just can’t figure out how to go forward
with the story. I change the place I am writing which is fairly easy since I write
on a laptop. also I like to play some music while writing.

6. How many books have you written? 14

7. How many are published? All

8. Are you self published or traditionally published? I am self-published.

9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you? Staying away from
Facebook.

10. What type of books do you enjoy reading? All kinds except for romance.

11. Who's your favorite Author? Dan Brown

12. What's your all time favorite book? That’s difficult question to answer
as there are so many. Tops for the list would include, ”Windmills of the
God’s” by Sheldon, “Chesapeake” by Mitchner, “Lord of the Rings” by Tolkien
and “Digital Fortress” by Dan Brown.

13. How long does it take you to write a book? I write mostly short stories so
a month or two on average.

14. Out of all of your characters, which is your favorite? Why? Probably my
favorite is Margaret. She lives outside of society and away from the city. Of
course she does cast spells also.

15. What is one of the most surprising things you've learned as a writer? It’s
hard to let anyone know you have book out. I’m rather introverted though so
its hard to talk about me or my books.

16. What does your family think of your writing? My wife probably wishes
I paid more attention to her at times but she seems to like what I write as
she does some of my proof reading. My grown children seem to be very
impressed.

17. What does your writing schedule look like? First thing in the morning I
interface on Facebook, Twitter etc. Usually in the afternoons and evenings is
when I do most of my writing.

18. Do you manage to write every day? I’m addicted to writing so I have to
write seven days per week. I just feel terrible if I don’t do some writing.

19. What's the latest news you'd like to share? I’m working on an extended
version of “Witchery Afoot”. The shorter 3k version is presently in second
place in a short story contest.

20. Do you have any advice for new writers? Never give up, don’t let anyone
take away your dream. Read, read and read some more and make sure you
peruse a grammar manual or two.


Please check out more about Brian and his work below:

Blog: http://brian-bigelow.blogspot.com/

Liturgy on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Liturgy-ebook/dp/
B009TZR48S/ref=la_B00667745A

On Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/247013

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...