The Writing World is always happy to interview Authors who are trying to get their work out there. Please feel free to copy these questions, answer the ones you want, and email them back to me. (email to: email@example.com) Be sure to put: Author Interview in the subject line.
*Use the contact form for questions regarding the Author Spotlight and for any questions you may have.*
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
- What do you do when you are not writing?
- Do you have a day job as well?
- When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
- How did you choose the genre you write in?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- Do you ever experience writer’s block?
- Do you work with an outline, or just write?
- Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
- Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?
- If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change?
- How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?
- Have you written a book you love that you have not been able to get published?
- Can you tell us about your upcoming book?
- Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
- What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
- How did you come up with the title?
- What project are you working on now?
- Will you have a new book coming out soon?
- Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with?
- What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
- Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?
- Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
I’ve now started some FUN and Wacky questions for those interviewed on my site.
- Have you ever gone out in public with your shirt on backwards, or your slippers on, and when realizing it, just said screw it?
- Do you prefer fuzzy or tub socks?
- Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point?
- Be honest, how often do you wash your hair?
- Do you get road rage? What pisses you off the most about other drivers?
- Do you go out of your way to kill bugs? Are there any that make you screech and hide?
- Coffee or Tea?
- What is your biggest phobia?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to social media? (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Feel free to include the following: Author Photo, Links to websites regarding the Author and their work, links to where the work can be purchased, book cover, blurb, and any other useful information you’d like included. BE SURE TO ADD ALL PHOTO'S AS AN ATTACHMENT TO THE EMAIL AND SEND NON-FORMATTED INTERVIEW BACK TO ME. ANYONE THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW THIS WILL NOT BE FEATURED!
Other information may be added depending on the type of information. If you'd like to add something that's not on the list, please feel free to contact me with the form.
I'm asking for each author that's interviewed to please subscribe to The Writing World through email and visit the Facebook page. This way you can always be up to date and not miss the day your interview is posted.
Interview questions updated: April 16, 2013