Tuesday, July 31, 2012

(Review) The Brown House by Christy Sloat

Title: The Brown House
Author: Christy Sloat
Pages: 221
Format: ebook

Description:

Some secrets should never be revealed…

Brylee Branson begrudgingly made the excruciating move with her family from the warm sandy beaches of California to small town living in New Jersey. As if she wasn’t miserable enough, they’ve moved into a creepy old house that everyone in the area claims is haunted. Brylee dismisses the idea of ghosts and haunting, until she begins to see and hear things that can’t be explained…

Brylee has no choice but to seek the help of new friends to unlock the secrets of this place she now calls home. But some secrets should never be revealed. Can the teens find a way to release the spirits imprisoned within the walls? Or will the curse claim them, too?


Review:

 The Brown House by Christy Sloat is a good read. I enjoyed it. The plot was well thought out and the characters are believable. The book started out slow for me. After the first few chapters, I was pulled in and wasn't let go until the end. I did find some places hard to read due to the usage of wrong words or the sentence flow was a bit hard to read.

Brylee has the ability to talk to the ghosts within her home and they have the ability to manipulate the objects around the house causing it to scare Brylee and her family. In addition to figuring out what to do about the ghosts, Brylee has to deal with the death of a good friend and falling in love all at the same time.

Once I got into this book, I couldn't put it down. I stayed up until the early morning hours saying, "Oh one more chapter." Before I knew it, the adventure was over. I'm now waiting to see what happens once I get to read book two. I think Christy Sloat did a great job. I give this book four **** stars. 

*I received a copy of this book for free in return for an honest review*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...