Bio: RaeBeth McGee-Buda was born in southwestern Pennsylvania in 1987, the second daughter of Rachel Yost and Arthur Curtis McGee. RaeBeth grew up loving to read and write poetry, as well as short stories. Her childhood dream was to become a teacher. Rae Beth's dream of writing was created in her eleventh grade literature class where writing became her passion.
RaeBeth married in August 2012 to her husband, Gregory Stephen Buda Jr. and resides in a small Pennsylvania town of Fairchance. RaeBeth is a full time mother of one beautiful daughter Emma, and a mother to an angel, Dakota Emily.
She graduated from American Intercontinental University in 2010 with her associates in business administration. She enjoys spending her time writing and feels connecting with readers and sending her messages are her main goals.
1. Please tell us the name of your book.
The name of my first book is Silenced.
2. What genres do you write in?
At this time, I write in Young Adult/Christian.
3. Tell us a little about your book?
Silenced is based off of depression and self harm. It gives the reader an inside view of what may go on in the mind of a cutter.
4. Is your book a short story, novel, and/or a part of a series?
It’s part of a small (two book) series.
5. Are you self-published?
I am self published. :)
6. What aspect of your book sets it apart from others in your genre?
I believe my book has a lot in it. Most of it is based off of real people and their battles with depression/self harm. My book is a message in it’s entirety.
7. Where do you get your inspirations for your books?
My inspirations come from everywhere, but I believe I’m blessed with some ideas directly for our Lord.
8. How long did it take you to write your book?
Silenced took me about five years.
9. Who are your favorite characters in the book? Why?
Amber- She’s most like I was when I was a teen.
10. Have you ever killed off a character you were attached to? If so, how did you feel while you wrote the scene?
Not yet. So I can’t honestly answer this question.
11. What is next on your agenda?
I’m in the process of publishing Saying Goodbye Without Saying Hello which is the story of my loss with my beautiful daughter, whom was stillborn.