Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Feedback on Silenced

I wanted to share with you some of the reviews I got from Silenced. I'm so proud and excited to have this type of feedback.

5 star review: "I have gone through depression most of my life, I have never been able to put into words the feelings that I feel every day of my life. The beautiful Miss Raebeth did that for me. I could not believe my eyes as I read Amber's feelings and the darkness that enveloped her I literally had tears rolling down my cheeks. I am actually going to take this book w
ith me to my next therapist appointment, I have each page marked on a piece of paper so I can easily look it up while talking, and I will FINALLY be able to express in words how I feel inside. I have never resorted to cutting as Amber did but I totally understand the release that it gave her.

I got more and more mad at her mother as the story went on, the bold out right lies were atrocious! I was on the edge of my seat and unfortunately I am STILL on the edge of my seat! I want more! I cannot wait to see what happens in the upcoming books. I pray they come out soon because I am hanging by a thread just as I was hanging by Raebeths every word!

I would recommend this book to anyone with children/teenagers whether you think they might be depressed or not, or family members/friends that might be going through difficult times because this truly gives a great perspective into the mind of someone who might have the same feelings as Amber did throughout the book. at the end of the book I was SHOCKED! everything is going so great for Amber and then.....AAAHHH!!!

Great job Raebeth! I, as said before, cannot wait for the next book!" - Jessica S.
 
 5 star review
was excited to read this book as it was given to me for an honest review, and I could tell by reading about the book that I have not read anything else like it before. I was not disappointed after I got into the book. Amber's journey starts out with a move to a new home, learning that a truth she has known all her life turns out to be a lie, she starts cutting
herself for release. Everything that she feels as a reader I could feel, the descriptions of the scenes in the book were amazingly well written.

As I took the journey through Amber's eyes, I wanted to know more about her, about her life in general and more about the lie she's lived with all her life. Finding out the truth at a time when she did, caused Amber to spiral down into the darkness, depression sets in and she starts cutting for release. At this point I wanted to reach into the story and help her as I would with anyone whom I know in real life. She becomes friends with a few from her new school and things start to look up for Amber, her friend Casey is like a new sister to her. She also meets Landon and hits it off pretty well, he turns out to be her rock, something she can look forward too and this helps her to keep from cutting so much.

The author ends on a note that has me curious, wondering what is to come and wanting to know more. I can't help it author's all have a tendency to do this to readers, some more than others. As I finished Silenced (Silenced Series) all I kept thinking about is what's next, I want to read on. And that my dear readers is what every reader wants in a book, any book they read. ♥ You Raebeth, be sure to let me know when I can expect your next book! - Julia Hendrix
 
 
 
"I was gifted a copy of this book by the author. This is a deep look into Amber's life. Amber is a troubled teen who finds out the man she calls dad is actually her step father. After finding this out the family moves into a new town for her senior year. Amber meets Casey who quickly becomes her only friend. Casey is also troubled and can
easily relate to Amber. Amber's life turns around after meeting Landon and quickly falls in love with him. This story is full of shocking events but gives you a great view into the life of a cutter. I can't wait to read the next book, the cliff hanger at the end still has me shocked!" - Lauren Alumbaugh (5 stars)
 

3 comments:

G.Buda said...

Congrats on the release of your book. It's great to see such wonderful feedback for a person who deserves it. I knew Silenced was an excellent read and now others know too.

jessica bridgers said...

Hi, I'm here today to add some love to your page. <3

Zed said...

Awesomely awesome book...Thank you for Silenced (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...