Books By Author
1. Demon Soul
1. Please tell the readers more about you.
I'm a writer by birth, I guess you could say. My dad, Chet Cunningham, is a writer; he's had over 300 novels published in the past 4o years. My brother, Scott Cunningham, was also a writer; he published several westerns and romances before he broke in with Llewellyn Publications in the 1980s. His most popular book is Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner. He also wrote The Truth About Witchcraft Today for them.
2. What types of books do you write? Mainly paranormal romance, and contemporary romance.
3. Who's your main audience? Adults, please!
4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses? I think I world-build very well. I tell a good story that doesn't necessarily go in the direction you think it'll go in. Weaknesses? I'm a re-writer. I rewrite constantly.
5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it? If the words aren't coming, it's because something is wrong - either with my setup, or the scene, or my characters are acting out of character. So I'll get out of my chair and get moving. Gardening, or walking 3 miles, or doing housework - which I loathe - will usually help me figure out what's wrong with the scene. Usually I end up having to scrap a lot, which I know but resist - hence the block.
6. How many books have you written? Twelve full length (over 70K) novels and several partials that are clamoring to be finished.
7. How many are published? One, with the second coming out this year and two more planned for the series.
8. Are you self published or traditionally published? I'm published with a small indie press called Crescent Moon Press. They focus on only paranormal books - romance, sci fi, and YA e-books- but they also put our books out in paperback, available online.
9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you? Getting into the flow. I work a full time job, and I have a family. I love to cook, too, so that cuts short my writing time. When I can, I try to sneak writing in at work. (shh...don't tell!)
10. What type of books do you enjoy reading? I read everything. Right now I'm reading a lot of romances of friends that have been published - need to get those reviews out for them on Amazon!
11. Who's your favorite Author? There are too many! I can't choose. But I do read Rosamund Pilcher (The Shell Seekers, Coming Home) a lot, as well as Stephanie Laurens (love those Cynster men and women!) and of course, Nora Roberts.
12. What's your all time favorite book? Well, if you go by the one book I've read more than any other, it would have to be the Lord of the Rings series. I read those books twice a year, every year, for ten years. It got to the point where I could quote whole passages. It's been a long time, though. Maybe this Christmas I'll start reading them again.
Thanks, Raebeth, for having me today, you've been awesome!